.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Get paid To Promote 
at any Location





Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Future's So Bright...

It's been 7 weeks since we ordered our light fixture for the dining room and I'm waiting anxiously for it to arrive. I've been told the light frame is in the city but the two shades weren't shipped along with it - that's like ice cream without the chocolate fudge, a new outfit without fab shoes to match, me without HandyMan - in other words, no damn good at all.

So I sit. And wait. And amuse myself with these other luminous lovelies.


L to R: Capiz hanging pendant from West Elm; Paige Double Sconce from Restoration Hardware; Abaca pendant from West Elm; Polished Flushmount from Union Lighting; Double Dip Floor Lamp from CB2; Bon Marche pendant from Urban Archaeology.

I love how lighting can change a space, change the mood. Rooms feel cozier, safer, warmer, with just the flick of a switch. I dream of crystal chandeliers in the bedroom and polished nickel sconces adorning the bathroom. Pendants and pots will highlight the shiny kitchen, while old schoolhouse lights do the job over the garage workbench. Sometimes, a lightbulb is more than just a lightbulb.

No comments:

Post a Comment