.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Get paid To Promote 
at any Location





Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Feeling Inspired

I have a new toy. As you may have noticed, I love to put together "inspiration boards". These boards are a good way to convey the mood and look I want to create for a room. I've done a few for the guest bedroom, deck, and kitchen. Typically, I'd cut and paste pics I found around the internet and plonk them into powerpoint to create an image. Well, I've discovered a new tool that helps me create boards much more easily.

Polyvore.com is a "unique, easy-to-use web-based application for mixing and matching products from any online store". That it is, and more! Call it 'virtual collaging'. Remember when you were in Grade 3 and you had to put together a collage using pictures cut out from magazines? This is the same thing for the Internet generation. Once you put together your collage or "set", you can share it online with others. And if you want to purchase the products you put in your set, easy-peasy, Polyvore saves the link back to the original store where you got the pic.

The best thing about the site is that you can easily create different variations of one look. Here's a few looks I've put together for the kitchen...the yellow kitchen:


The silver kitchen...


And the black and white kitchen...


How fun is that! And if you still can't get enough of internet tools, check out my old post on Google Notebook. You'll never leave your computer again, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment