.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Get paid To Promote 
at any Location





Saturday, May 31, 2008

Why I'm Afraid of My Garden




Though it looks like a jungle, this is half of my garden. The previous owner of our house Kiki was quite fond of the English garden look and left us with a rambling, rolling, growing, thriving, mystical garden that we have absolutely no idea how to maintain. Mama HandyMan gave us some easy advice... if you don't like it, pull it out. I've already taken out the Lamb's Ear (sorry but their fuzzy softness just creeped me out). And may take out the purply-blue-spiky-headed thingys (not its technical name) which oozes some sort of nectar and attracts hordes of ants. Like I mentioned before, I'm good at killing plants - I'm just not good at keeping them alive.

One thing I do like about the garden is that it's full of surprises. I don't know what flowers will pop up next. Kiki was a master Conductor and orchestrated a spring floral melody punctuated by bursts of forsythia, soft tinklings of tulips and bleeding hearts, and the fortissimo beats of narcissus, crocus, and many others. I can't wait to see what's in store for summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment