.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Get paid To Promote 
at any Location





Monday, May 11, 2009

Activist arrested for threatening lawmaker


Idiot.
The State Capitol Police Department arrested the Vice President of NORML CT for emailing threats to State Senator Toni Boucher.

Dominic Vita, 28, Somers, was charged with Disorderly Conduct in connection with an an email that contained threatening and alarming statements pertaining Boucher who represents the 26th District.

Police said Vita, who is vice president of NORML, a group that advocates for the reform of marijuana laws, made statements in a profanity laced email to the effect of, "I'm getting ready to go postal" and also referenced a specific act of violence directed at Senator Boucher.

Vita was arrested Friday in Enfield, Connecticut. He was released on a $1000.00 bond and is scheduled to appear for arraignment in Hartford Superior Court on May 11, 2009.

Why on earth would anyone threaten Sen Boucher?

You may not like her stance on certain issues but as someone who has interviewed her several times on television, I can say without hesitation that Sen. Boucher is without question one of the nicest persons at the Capitol. Why someone would want to threaten her is beyond me...

UPDATE: Vita responds (via Facebook):
Ever hit reply instead of forward?

Thursday morning I got a bill-tracker email from the capitol and was frustrated by it. I went to forward the email to David and in my haste I hit REPLY instead of FORWARD. I added a line and a half of colorful venting to David. The email was addressed to DAVID, not Sen. Boucher. I was not directly threatening anyone, I was venting my frustration to David.

I am stepping down because I can no longer be a good advocate to the cause. My presence would change the tone and I refuse to let my mistake carry over to you all. I wish you all a tremendous amount of luck as this goes on. and MAKE SURE your emails are going to the right place. I am so sorry everyone.


UPDATE 2: Sen. Boucher confirms Vita's account:
Boucher said she was not the intended recipient of the e-mail, but the author accidently sent the message into the state system.

"He was sending a response, a reaction to his president, and I think he pressed the wrong button," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment