.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Get paid To Promote 
at any Location





Saturday, May 23, 2009

Let me get this straight

This can't be the police report on the incident I witnessed early Thursday morning!?!
A 32-year-old Brookfield man was taken to Danbury Hospital after his car knocked over a light pole at White Street and National Place early Thursday.
Jose Vega-Hernandez, of North Lakeshore Drive, was headed east when his car ran up onto the sidewalk and struck the pole just before 1 a.m.

Vega-Hernandez was cited for failure to drive to the right, police said.

You're kidding right?

I was at this scene whe the accident happen...hell, I was about 3 car lengths away when the accident happen and was one of the first person's on the scene.

P1010020

Once myself and the others around took ONE look at this guy, it was crystal clear that this accident was not a result of a "failure to drive to the right" but more likely "driving under the influence." The driver was completely out of it YET had no visible injuries, and the car window wasn't damaged (which indicates that he didn't hit his head on the window).

Most likely he didn't have any injuries because of the fact that the seatbelt on his car has one of those automatic shoulder belts that straps you in once you close the door (shoulder belt is visiable in the photo below). I also saw his car and from what I can remember, it didn't seem like his steering wheel was damaged (which In my opinion would indicate that he didn't hit his head on the wheel).

P1010021

As I stated in my previous post, before the driver hit the pole, he ALMOST hit a group of people who were walking on the sidewalk as well as crossing the street. As I viewed from my mirror, he didn't just hit the pole out of no where but swerved to the right and left and slammed into the pole without applying his breaks.

Listen to the interview I did with the witnesses at the scene again (the timestamp on my recorder indicates that I tapes this conversation at EXACTLY 1:00 AM.



I stayed at the scene until the paramedics arrived and stood right over this guy while the police tried to talk to him. There is NO question that this guy was out of it and unless he had some type of medical condition, I would bet my house that the accident was most likely due to his physical condition at the time of the incident. Again, there were no visible marks on the driver's body. No blood, no wounds, no nothing...for the exception of a person who was looked COMPLETELY spaced out of his mind and was unable to answer any questions for a LONG period of time.

Although you can't rule out intoxicaiton, the driver oould have suffered a serizure BUT the problem I have is that the police report in the newspaper doesn't give any indicaiton of the person's physical condition at the time of the accident.

  • Was bloodwork done to determine if the driver was intoxicated?

  • While I was on the scene, I didn't see the police do any test to determine of the driver was intoxicated (most likely because the driver was all but passed out on the ground). Was there a test perfromed on the driver at the scene before he was taken away by the paramedics?


I wouldn't be so perplexed if it wasn't for the fact that I WITNESS THE ENTIRE ACCIDENT.

This person almost took out a LARGE group of people...and if it was not for the fact that he whacked the light pole, probably would had crashed into the cars that were at the stop light.

Very strange...

No comments:

Post a Comment