.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Get paid To Promote 
at any Location





Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My thoughts exactly

As someone who attended most of the events at the CT Film festival, I think today's News-Times editorial is DEAD on.
Twofold.

That's how much the 2009 Connecticut Film Festival grew over last year's inaugural run in downtown Danbury.

But even the best numbers can be misleading.

According to figures released by Mayor Mark Boughton's office, this year's Connecticut Film Festival drew an estimated 8,256 people to downtown Danbury.

A large number of those folks, however, were associated with the film industry, not necessarily movie fans from Greater Danbury snatching up tickets and signing up for volunteer duties.

For the Connecticut Film Festival to become a blockbuster, Greater Danbury residents need to support it with their time, their wallets and their civic pride.

[...]

Tom Carruthers, the festival's executive director, has done a remarkable job nurturing this project in Greater Danbury.

But it's no longer a one-man show.

With more promotion and more community involvement, the Connecticut Film Festival could really pack them in.

Eventually, I'll get around to posting my remarks on the Film Festival (I'm holding back until I see the actual figures, as opposed to the spin numbers from the mayor's office). In any event, today's editorial highlights my biggest concern regarding the festival.

(FULL DISCLOSURE: I was a member of a panel at the CT Film Festival)

No comments:

Post a Comment