.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Get paid To Promote 
at any Location





Thursday, May 21, 2009

Alleged drunk driver nearly hit pedestrians on White Street; takes out light pole

P1010022
Driver takes down light pole on White Street early Thursday morning. White Street: 05.21.09


My father always told me to keep my camera with me at all times because you never want to be unprepared when a news events spontaneously happens.

Last night was one of those times when I happy I listened to my father's advice.

On my way back home from hearing a VERY good Indy band at Cousin Larry's, I witness a driver almost take out a LARGE group of pedestrians who were walking back home from clubs on Ives Street. Luckily no one was hurt as the driver swerved off the street at a high rate of speed and plowed into a light pole. The location of the accident is marked in red in the following map below.

Accident_Map

For the life of me, I have no idea how the light pole didn't strike any cars as it smashed to the ground.

After the accident, I pulled over, grabbed my camera and ran to the scene as people approached the car to see if the guy driving the car (who looked intoxicated) was injured. As the police raced to the scene (in a matter of minutes), I interviewed a group of people who saw everything (warning: explicit language):



Again, thankfully no one was hurt (for the exception of the driver who, according to witnesses, pulled out the car and placed on the sidewalk). This situation could have been MUCH worse as the only thing that stopped this car from striking buildings was the light pole.

Look for this incident in the police blotter in tomorrow's News-Times.

PHOTO SLIDE SHOW OF ACCIDENT:



* post updated at 1:00AM 05.22.09

No comments:

Post a Comment